View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 13:30

Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
.... But even besides that, its not for us to take a judgement on who or what true Islam is. That's a discussion Muslims have to have...
Quote:
View Post
Simple

1) No non Muslim may kill a Muslim, whether or not the Muslim is true. The reverse, however, is allowed.
2) No "non-true" Muslim may kill a true Muslim. Likewise, the reverse is allowed.

This was truly a golden opportunity that was tragically missed and ignored. It was overshadowed by this massacre. Egyptian President al-Sisi made this speech to Al-Azhar the day before the massacre:

"I am referring here to the religious clerics. It's inconceivable that the thinking that we hold most sacred should cause the entire umma (Islamic world) to be a source of anxiety, danger, killing and destruction for the rest of the world. Impossible!

"That thinking I am not saying 'religion' but 'thinking' that corpus of texts and ideas that we have sacralized over the centuries, to the point that departing from them has become almost impossible, is antagonizing the entire world. It's antagonizing the entire world! ... All this that I am telling you, you cannot feel it if you remain trapped within this mindset. You need to step outside of yourselves to be able to observe it and reflect on it from a more enlightened perspective.

"I say and repeat again that we are in need of a religious revolution. You, imams, are responsible before Allah. The entire world, I say it again, the entire world is waiting for your next move because this umma is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost and it is being lost by our own hands."

I think it would help, and is high time, to separate the sheep from the goats.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post: