View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 19:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,367 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
Question is; once you change your life as a reaction to fanatics then it is a slippery slope and where do you draw the red line?
Suppose, for an extreme example, they ordered that all women in France should wear head scarves?
Let's say someone came up to you and confided in you that they were planning to go into a mosque and begin accusing everyone in it of being an idiot for following Islam, because that's how they personally felt and they thought they were entitled to do so, because of their freedom of speech.

Would you encourage them?

All I'm trying to say here is basically that... if we do want to avoid escalated tensions between the Muslim and the non-Muslim world, then perhaps the best way to do that is not with crude satire.

And to answer your question: If all women in France were suddenly required to wear headscarves, I would question why/how French politics allowed that to happen... (if by force from an outside entity, then I would of course support a joined effort in retaliation. If by force due to French government, I would of course support a revolt).
The following 2 users groan at Pancakes for this post: