View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 19:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,368 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
Absolutely. The crisis is only just over and politically correct apologists are already trying to reverse the roles of oppressors and victims.
Why is it that the bigger picture cannot even be considered without someone accusing them of confusing the "oppressors" and the "victims?"

People have used this incident as an opportunity to discuss the freedom of speech... and the implications of it. I don't understand why some people are seemingly so eager to twist that into an accusation of the victims not being victims.

The way I see it... anyone who dies due to the violent behavior of someone else is a victim... regardless of what may or may not have led to that violent behavior in the first place. (Though of course, I realize that these "terrorists" are probably just violent in nature, anyways, so it was just a fuse waiting to be ignited... or perhaps even deliberately seeking an opportunity to ignite).

Please don't mistake me here... I do believe that violence and dogma are (more often than not) the antithesis of reason.