View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 19:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,368 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't see how what they did defends their religion. Their religion was not under threat. If anything, they wanted to assert the supremacy of their religion, and perhaps reflect their own fragile belief in their own religion. What they did is denigrate their own religion.
I agree that their religion was not under threat, but I can't even begin to really understand or comprehend how THEY perceived it (the cartoons, etc). They are obviously not rational people. I myself am not religious, so I have no way of knowing how it feels to have one's religion mocked, but it's obvious that there are some people out there who feel so strongly about their religion that they can misinterpret (what we think are) silly cartoons as being a direct threat to their ideology (which is, in many cases for these people, most of their identity).

Quote:
View Post
So you agree Islam has severe insecurity issues?
Yes, of course I do. That's somewhat the basis of my whole argument here...

Last edited by 3Wishes; 09.01.2015 at 19:56. Reason: merging sucdessive posts