View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 20:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,189 Times in 9,673 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
One of the many results of this, is that it is the very enemies of Charlie Hebdo who are benefiting from this, Marine Lepen and her friends.
For the cartoonists of Charlie Hebdo who died, it would probably be the ultimate tragedy, that one of their arch-enemies, the far right- would benefit in this way.

All over Europe, the Paris events of the last 2 days are being exploited by the far right to fan hatred and attacks on Muslims and give their anti-immigration stance new credibiltiy.

The well known law of unexpected consequences

Quote:
View Post

Now, Sunni Islam prohibits the visual depiction of Muhammad. The reason cited is its roots in anti-idolatry. They don't want images of Muhammad worshipped as God. And to be honest, I don't think Muhammad wanted them to worship him as God. Now with all the weight they give to a cartoon of Muhammad, aren't they getting quite close to idolizing Muhammad themselves? Is this really what Muhammad would like them to do? Kill non-believers that don't believe what they believe?
Basically the Third Commandment that both Christians and Muslims "borrowed" from the Jews.
Of the three Abrahamic religions only Islam see this as a something to kill about; I believe this was a relatively recent idea in Islam - only in the last couple of hundred years? I meant defining this as a killing matter. At one time paintings of Mohammed were quite common!

Last edited by marton; 09.01.2015 at 20:38. Reason: clarification