View Single Post
Old 12.01.2015, 01:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,588 Times in 7,491 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
We are all "entitled" to be offended by something. What we are not entitled to is a violent reaction in opposition.

Similarly, we are all (for the most part), entitled to offend something. I only wish that more people weren't so easily willing to.

How can you logically expect (some) Muslims to not be offended when that which they hold most sacred is attacked? Regardless of whether or not we judge their religion to be "right" or "wrong," it is what it is... and I don't know how anyone can expect tensions between the West and the Muslim world to improve if we can't at least respect their right to follow whatever religion they choose, particularly when we are not in a state in which that religion is being forced upon us.

I think the biggest threat to humanity is its own ego.
Muslims are allowed to follow their religion all over the Western world and beyond of it, actually. If you want to argue that you better bring on some info we don't know about it.

Making fun of their religion in a satire magazine, in a democratic and mature country - i.e. France, does not equal they are not allowed to follow their religion. In fact, for everyone who visited France at least, that's such a ridiculous idea.