View Single Post
Old 12.01.2015, 08:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 15,134 Times in 7,774 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
. but i think that analyzing the situation for people in similar situations can possibly help to avoid more tragedies such as this. idle hands are the devils workshop and all that...
Well, it seems we simply can't. If you read about Tsarnaev brothers you'd notice that at least one of them was quite well integrated and neither of them, or anyone from their family, was leading a destitute life. Political asylum can offer lots of privileges, but whatever, it doesn't matter how they got to the USA. Then something changed. They weren't orphans, neither living on the edge of society.
If avoiding such tragedies to happen means giving up freedoms that were conquered in such a long time, I think we deserve everything that might follow after this. I don't want to live in a totalitarian society, either based on a religious ideology or on other type of ideology. It's a matter that should concern all of us, regardless of our religion or other things.
The Dutch film-maker killed in 2004 payed a high price for his freedom. The other ones knew what could happen, but it didn't stop them. That should mean something and I'm really sad to see people trying to somehow find them at fault.

Last edited by greenmount; 12.01.2015 at 09:01.