View Single Post
Old 13.01.2015, 11:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 251 Times in 177 Posts
Thanked 9,228 Times in 3,465 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
America didn't show up at the march with any high profile leaders. Americans are now shocked at the glaring absence.

Personally, I found it rather refreshing. For once, it was about the rest of the world. America seems to crowd the limelight when they appear.

America: this is not about you, it's about us. I'm not sure if Americans understand that concept yet.
Quote:
View Post
If they'll start mending "the misunderstandings and animosity" they'll cease to be a satire magazine.
Frankly, I'm beginning to believe that no such magazines exist in the States, Pancakes.
I agree that no such magazines (appear to) exist in the States. Did I suggest that there are?

And in response to Olygirl's comment...

How exactly is it that Americans have shown that they think this is only about Americans? I ask this with an open mind. Because I of course can only speak for myself, but I in no way see this tragedy as being relevant to Americans, in particular. I think it is relevant to the entire world.

Also, as for Americans stealing the limelight... I'm curious how that is done. (I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just curious what you mean exactly). Because when it comes to international leaders, etc. showing up at events like this, I think it is up to each individual country's journalists to decide whom they do and do not give coverage... no? I mean, it isn't like the leaders are filming themselves or demanding the right to speak without being asked.
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: