View Single Post
Old 13.01.2015, 11:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 245 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 23,829 Times in 10,116 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pegida marches against Islamisation of Europe

Quote:
View Post
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ar-right-rally

"Nowicki said the organisers had used the ban for their own ends. “It wasn’t forced top-down,” he said. “It was a nice publicity stunt. What the Legida protesters did was to proclaim that they have been forced not to show any of those caricatures. In reality it wasn’t quite like that.”

A spokesman for the city said the ban had been imposed by mutual agreement between organisers and the local public order office. "
But a ban is something that is forced no? The ban was not forced top down, yet the mayor was in a position to lift it? Is that not strange? So if the protestor bilaterally agree something with the local public order office (whatever that is), then in what position is a mayor to overrule that? If I was the head of said public order office and I had negotiated some "voluntary rules" with protestors and the mayor cancels that agreement behind my back, I'd feel pretty miffed, and I'd make sure as many people as possible knew exactly how miffed I was feeling.

And saying "it wasn't quite like that" implies that it was a bit like that.

To me it seems that heavy handed local officials said to hell with the constitution, these Hartz 4 idiots don't know their rights anyway, so let's invent some rules. Then the light dawned on somebody and they kicked a stink and now somebody is trying to worm their way out of the responibility and trying to make out the protestors are to blame for doing a Jedi mind trick on the mayor that forced him to lift this voluntary ban.