View Single Post
Old 13.01.2015, 21:47
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 69 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 5,074 Times in 1,802 Posts
crazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
Can you go past Russell Brand hair and tatooes - and listen to his reaction to Sky News Judge Jeanine violent hate rant?

http://youtu.be/RPK7t5B2UN4
while I appreciate the sentiment, as a woman of Christian Arab descent I suspect that Judge Jeanine's ancestors ended up in America precisely because they were tired of being subjected to abject hatred, violence and discrimination. and yes, I do see the irony in that.

I actually struggle with the concept that the antidote to hate is love and compassion, I really do. I mean, I want to believe it, and I certainly try to live my life as if it is true, but I have to confess I wonder. I also have to confess that I wonder if dudes like Brand were preaching about the need for love and compassion as the antidote for 2,000 years of abuses by the Catholic Church, or any other organization he might have had his knickers in a bunch over during the course of his lifetime - I certainly wasn't preaching for that as the solution, I have to also confess that. isn't love and compassion, after all, the solution to people like Judge Jeanine, rather than ridicule?