View Single Post
Old 13.01.2015, 22:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 456 Times in 392 Posts
Thanked 19,015 Times in 10,047 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
A high ranking police chief tasked with investigating the shooting of one of the victims turns gun on himself.

Pass me a tinfoil hat, but I think he was onto something
Must say I have been struggling with this that has been reported in many newspapers.

He was based in Limoges which is ca. 400 Km from Paris so it is hard to believe he had any sort of close connection with these incidents; none of the reports I read have given any details of his involvement.
Stating he was investigating the shooting of one of the victims is also odd; why pick one victim?
How was the shooting of one victim disconnected from the other shootings so it could be properly investigated on its own?

The report said "He had reportedly interviewed families of Charlie Hebdo victims in the hours after the attack." So did he do that by phone or were they in Limoges?
It does not seem possible he travelled to Paris, did interviews and travelled back "in the hours after the attack"?
I can imagine interviewing the families of victims could be very depressing especially if they blamed the police for failing to protect the victims.

There must be very many senior police who are Paris based and who have a much closer link to these events and people.
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post: