View Single Post
Old 16.01.2015, 17:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 72 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,746 Posts
The_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aftermath of SNB EUR Peg Discontinuation - Would you be happy to take a 20% pay c

Quote:
View Post
but everything has not gone down.
Wait for the next inflation report.

SMI down nearly 14% in two days and there is probably more to come. The rest of the economy will follow soon. Fuel, imported goods, food costs, exporters will become less competitive, international companies can not justify the cost of the Swiss labour costs anymore, soon local businesses can not pay the salaries of their employees and then they ask them the question...

#callmedrdoom

I hope all of this doesn't happen but there is no other choice.

Quote:
View Post
Exactly, my mortgage repayments are going to be the same for years to come. As are my health insurance premiums etc.
Wealth is redistributed on such occasions:

Inflationary environment = wealth goes from savers to borrowers.
Deflationary environment = wealth goes from borrowers to savers.

If you borrowed in the good times for low rates be happy that this will stay the same. You can't have your cake and eat it. Further more the value of whatever you bought might be worth less now.
This user would like to thank The_Love_Doctor for this useful post: