View Single Post
Old 17.01.2015, 11:36
soulmagnus soulmagnus is offline
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
soulmagnus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non EU PhD student: how to get C permit

View Post
You can apply for a job seeker visa that lets you stay for six months to look for a job after you finish your PhD. You need to show that you have housing and (can vary by location) 2100 chf/month in the bank.

As for the four years as a student counting towards the C permit, that can happen once you get a job, and reside in Switzerland on a regular B permit for another two years.

If you continue as a post-doc, the B permit will most likely continue to be a student B permit, and wont help towards a C.
Do you know where I could read more about your second point (about the year count for students counting toward the C permit).

Reply With Quote