View Single Post
Old 17.01.2015, 16:41
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,050 Posts
drmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re-entry to Switzerland, quite urgent

Quote:
View Post
Just enter Switzerland on your passport which allows you in as a tourist. They don't ask for residence/work permits when entering the country.

If they ask you any questions just say the permit is at home (in Switzerland). They can see the details of any permit when they scan your passport anyway.

I never take my Swiss work permit with me when travelling (unless it's to get tax back from somewhere).
Quote:
View Post
As an UK citizen, I've never been asked for my permit when entering Switzerland/Schengen. I assume if you have a passport that allows visa free entry, the same will go for you. Then apply for a replacement permit as soon as you get back!
I am pretty sure for non-EU they will ask. They certainly asked me in October when we returned from the states but they didn't ask to see the Swiss IDs for any of the other 4 family members I was traveling with as they have German passports...

But as Adrian says, just say you forgot it at home, and they hopefully will just tell you to make sure you have it with you the next time.