View Single Post
Old 20.01.2015, 23:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying Chihuahua in CH - question about place and prices

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

I moved into a bigger flat in Zug with big balcony and plenty of green quiet space around, ideal for walks with a dog so I am thinking of buying a small dog, chihuahua for example.

I would like to consider other breeds but I really can't think of anything else. I don't like Yorkshire terriers very much. It should be a small dog but doesn't have to be chihuahua.

Where shall I look? Do I have to register my dog somewhere? How much does small dog like chihuahua cost in Switzerland?
Is it better/easier to buy it in EU and bring it to Switzerland or will it be easier to find my dog here?
Thanks, I.
I had similar plans some time ago but gave up, decided this dog wasn't for me. My friends have one and they love him from all their hearts, but boy, you have to be the type. Very jealous (when we visit our friends he likes me and he's all over me but has bitten my OH couple of times - who is the calmest and kindest guy you can find so I really can't explain his reactions), attention seeking, almost non-trainable. Yes, sweet and affectionate and quite smart on the other hand, he obviously thinks he's human..cute.
I don't know, maybe my friends didn't train him, maybe he's a bit special. But we decided to look for more options.
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: