View Single Post
Old 27.01.2015, 15:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 485 Times in 404 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Streaming movies from computer or hard drive to the TV

Quote:
View Post
I have a NAS capable router and when I plug in the external hard drive via USB works fine, when I am not watching the TV I see the drive is off, so it is a good solution I was thinking if having a dedicated drive connected via the lan like a nas would be a better solution if you want to stream movie and listen to music in one of the rooms if that would make bandwidth issues

The android stick running xbmc is just a OS to stream the files you have on the hard drive and nothing else?

I see a live TV stream named ROKU, is that available around here or is it US only?

I'll get that android stick now
well its android so it does everything android does xbmc can play streams or it plays it direct, we play them direct so we don't have any stutter issues etc the film is buffered into the stick

the reason we did this rather then chromcast is chromcast still need something to actually stream the video, and is only dual core, and it pretty limited to what it can do, the android stick route you can do whatever you want, get an air mouse at the same time and you're good to go.

Just make sure you get a quad core stick, I have a dual core version as well and although that will play some HD films ok the quad core (so far) hasn't had an issue, and of course you can play games etc on, netflix works ok, xbmc has plugins for the popular dodgy film streaming services etc etc