View Single Post
Old 31.01.2015, 21:45
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 69 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 5,074 Times in 1,802 Posts
crazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
BTW, converts to Islam are not all violent or Jihadists. I find it refreshing actually that some people would choose a religion by studying it carefully and coming to it themsleves- rather than being born and bred in it (some would say indoctrinated). And in many cities of the world, the Muslim areas are very peaceful and tolerant of others and visitors. Thinking about the town of Cape Town here, where the Cape Malay Muslim quarters are a delight. And where large numbers of our family live, all born from one of the first Converts to Islam and European Hadj.
Western converts to Islam almost invariably fit a certain personality and social profile. it is even worse in central Europe, frankly, where they tend to be little more than your typical white, bored and disaffected kid looking for an outlet for their misguided angst. when I hear some white kid from Switzerland bitch that his getting called names for choosing to wear a thobe on Bahnhofstrasse is the same as the racism experienced by the black community in America or elsewhere, it makes me want to puke.

I am sure, by the way, that there are some truly enlightened, intelligent and delightful people who choose to convert to Islam, I am simply having a hard time finding them. which is not meant solely with respect to Islam, of course, since I likewise have a hard time finding truly enlightened, intelligent and delightful Southern Baptists.

EDIT: I should have been clear that in no way do I think that being unenlightened or unintelligent is the same thing as being violent or jihadist. in fact, violence is more often than not initiated by some of the most enlightened and intelligent people around.

Last edited by crazygringo; 31.01.2015 at 21:56.