View Single Post
Old 01.02.2015, 12:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 208 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

There is no blasphemy law in France, so there is no blasphemy full stop. Being insulted by people thinking differently is part of normal life in a democracy. Most of what Blocher ever did is insulting to me, but I don't mind him being alive or even keeping his day job. I also find the anti German nazi based hate in Greece very insulting but I still wish the Greeks to be free and decide for themselves even if I don't get it.
There is no doubt that Charlie Hebdo is not nice to people they fight against, that's the definition of a fight. Same applies to Thatcher not being nice to the unions. The issue is not what people do but on what ground do the people feeling insulted react.