View Single Post
Old 01.02.2015, 19:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 418 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 17,467 Times in 9,797 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unemployment when returning to Switzerland after 2 years abroad

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Medea.

I specifically asked the Gemeinde to put my permit on hold for the maximum amount of time (4 years). The reason I gave was "Looking for jobs abroad". I had already resigned my job.

@sbrinz. Rules can vary from Canton to Canton, thus Zug might be different.

A pity about the unemployment benefits.
I think you were extremely lucky actually. Looking for jobs abroad would certainly not be an accepted reason these days in any canton for putting a permit on hold. As Sbrinz says Swiss employer sending you abroad for work purposes, military service and further education are the only ones that apply usually. For anything else you have to make a REALLY good case for why you should be allowed to put your permit on hold.

If you're going to be looking for jobs abroad, you're not looking for any here and so no longer need a resident permit. That's the way most cantons will see it, but maybe Zug is more laid back about it.