View Single Post
Old 02.02.2015, 12:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,580 Times in 7,487 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
Yes, but they did, quite literally, ask for it. Repeatedly, in the full and complete knowledge of what the consequences would be.

Much as I think the Charlie Hebdo crowd were a bunch of foolish, irresponsible dickheads, I've a lot more respect for them than I have for that smarmy toad in the video, picking on easy targets from his position of untouchable privilege and comfort.

At least the video has encouraged me to be a better person from now on, for fear of spending eternity in Hell with Stephen Fry.
They didn't ask for it, DB. They took the risks. It's hard to believe there are still people like that isn't it..But hey ho, they're French.

Btw, it's not only you. I saw the same reactions from some journalists/intellectuals from back home, but I wasn't surprised. More like ashamed.