View Single Post
Old 05.02.2015, 16:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 327 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 11,017 Times in 4,438 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bmw oil change for chf1,000 ?! - advice please

I can only really say from my experience with older cars, when I've drained the oil there is literally loads of crap at the bottom of the engine, particles of metal, even bits of sealant / gaskets etc (remember, old engines) if you Vacuumed the oil out there is no way you'd get all this crap out, its settled right at the bottom of the sump, and it can also take around an hour to get it all (again, doing it properly) then you can flush more crap out with some new oil etc. Its a crap job, you have containers of oil on the floor, oil pouring out, and then running along the block and dripping everywhere

When a main dealer Vacuumed the oil out on one of our cars it took a couple of minutes (no choice, the only way it can be done on this motor)

Next time you get your car serviced just look at how crappy the old oil is, do you really want all that crap circulating round your engine?