View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 08:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,050 Posts
drmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
View Post
Ahh, this is always a thorny one. The problem is that fat women are likely never again going to be considered as attractive or desirable in Western culture as we have moved on from the old ideals of "fat = wealth" and entered a new era of medical science where we know beyond any doubt that "fat = unhealthy".
Just because you have a BMI > 27 does not automatically mean you are less healthy than someone who has one < 27...

It can be very very very hard and frustrating for some people to lose weight. I can eat 1/2 of what my husband eats, work out 4-5 x a week (decent workouts burning at least 500 Cals an hour) and still not budge. So obviously, I am doing something wrong - but figuring out what that something is, isn't always easy. Add to that taking care (and feeding) 3 kids all day long, and there are many pitfalls for failure.

I have determined 2015 will be the year I finally lose the 10-15 kg gained in my last pregnancy. Has nothing to do with reunion coming up this summer . Losing weight at age 20 was (relatively) easy, doing so at 40 is much more difficult for many reasons...

If only it were this easy:

The following 5 users would like to thank drmom for this useful post: