View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 10:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 525 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 23,313 Times in 9,422 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
My anger comes from the same old bullshit arguments about willpower, judgments about people based on appearance when you know nothing about anything else, total black and white thinking when it's not. If you know all the answers, why aren't you all famous doctors raking in the dough for helping people loose weight? Read some medical literature about this if you think it's so easy. And, loosing weight can be helpful, but not a panacea. This simplistic thinking makes me angry.
I have two overweight people in my family.

One has had their lymphatic system removed due to cancer and so suffers from fluid retention.
The other has only one kidney which failed and so also suffers suffers from fluid retention.

Admittedly, one probably ate too much too, but if you saw them both, you'd think 'fatties' but it's not that simple.

But, for a lot of people, it's an eating-disorder with mental issues that need resolving.
The following 5 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: