View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 11:32

Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
dajegas has earned the respect of manydajegas has earned the respect of manydajegas has earned the respect of many
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

I'm not on EF for long but somehow I got the feeling that this thread would go the way it is going... The slight picture-related posts I made to try and keep the mood cheerful did not work, so let's be serious.
The majority of overweight people are in this condition because of eating disorders or chronic diseases. In both cases we're talking about people being ill. I don't see how telling them to "take better care of themselves" might improve their condition. If I'm sick I look for a cure... why should they not do the same? Assuming this is true I don't even think there is anything they can do which they are not already doing or tried in the past.
Telling them to "start eating healthily" is as productive as telling them to "become more rich so you've better health care". Actually the latter would be a better advice then the former IMHO.
Even in those few cases where "start eating healthily" could be an advice worth following there may be many other issues connected (e.g. stress) so we're back to square one.

But since it's Friday I suppose this will go on as it is so enjoy
The following 3 users would like to thank dajegas for this useful post: