View Single Post
Old 08.02.2015, 15:24
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 25 Times in 7 Posts
Karenpescado is considered a nuisanceKarenpescado is considered a nuisanceKarenpescado is considered a nuisance
Re: King-size mattresses and box spring availability?

Quote:
View Post
Regarding the retail versions of the Westin Hotel or Sofitel Hotel beds, I'm having a devil of a time finding information on ordering from Europe and then having it delivered into Switzerland.

So far, what I'm seeing -- and this may just be a need for more coffee -- is an option to order in the States and then ship the whole lot Internationally.

But there must be an offshoot of these Hotels based at least somewhere in Europe that I can order from and will be slightly less expensive and time consuming than having it shipped from the States, yes?

Any thoughts would be helpful. :-)
Hello, indeed, it is virtually impossible to get bed-related items (including particularly mattresses) from a foreign country in Switzerland. The few brands that were available until a few years ago have been discontinued. When one goes to a shop (just try one) and asks if all the beds and/or mattressses are swiss... there is normally a quick afirmative smile in the shopkeeper. I do not know what the forces are, but there is a huge protectionism on the Swiss bedding business; that might explain your problems to import. I have tried for example with Seal's, without any success.
The following 2 users groan at Karenpescado for this post: