View Single Post
Old 10.02.2015, 13:30
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
cyup93 has become a little unpopularcyup93 has become a little unpopular
Re: Import tax on internet purchases

For private import you are allowed to import up to 62fr (including postage) tax free.
Or up to 100fr (including postage) tax free if it's despaired as a gift.

But gifts have to be from private person to private person, if the find any signs that this from a company declared as a gift, they will contact you and you would have to proof to them that is is a gift (maybe email or letters, I don't know I never was is such a situation). But I assume they would ask you for proof of purchase to determine the value of the goods (since they think it has been wrongly declared as a gift, hence the value is false.

To bypass the taxes, I suggest you to ask the sender to use a name instead of the company name if it's sent as a gift. And also very important is to show the shipping cost, so customs makes correct calculations.

If you want to order from china, use China post (tracked) it's cheap and takes about 2 or 2 and half weeks. If you want express, always go with EMS. DHL will always check every single package, while the other shipping methods go through the standard posting process and may pass unchecked by the customs if you are a bit lucky.