View Single Post
Old 10.02.2015, 13:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 1,434 Times in 711 Posts
Tasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond reputeTasebo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big girls need to suck it up

Quote:
Well just for a change- let's talk about sport and ski gear! If you are a man, there are range of clothing that go up to XXXL- but for women, XL is the largest for ski clothing. And if larger women want to take up sport, instead of sitting at home and cry + put more weight on- they have to becoming very clever at adapting clothing made for people 20-30cm cm or more taller- it took me years to work out how to shorten sleeves and trousers legs which have special closures, zips and elastics, etc. Enough to put any woman trying to become or remain more active- off altogether (fortunately not me).

(and yes, I know- losing weight would help to- but talk about vicious circle).
...and short school-aged boys whose waist and height measurements aren't synched with the manufacturers standard. Zippers on trouser legs, grrr.

I find running tights annoying - although they stretch to fit whatever needs to be squeezed in, there isn't much to do with extra length that just gathers in the region of upper leg and crotch. Folding up from the bottom "works" but not quite the same sleek fit. Rain trousers - near hopeless, but I always keep my eyes open for the unexpected find.

For any shorter females traveling to US, I recommend http://titlenine.com They have some sportswear in petite lengths.
This user would like to thank Tasebo for this useful post: