Thread: Giving up..
View Single Post
Old 11.02.2015, 16:06

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cascabel has made some interesting contributions
Re: Giving up..

Quote:
View Post
One useful trick that i was taught by Swiss friends is to not be passive.

So when viewing the appartment, make sure you chat with the landlord so he remembers you and leave a positive impression. Then phone the following day and explain how you simply love that appartment and that its absolutely perfect for you. Even if they promise to call you back, ignore that and call them anyway. It's a bit like applying for a job or trying to get somewhere in the dating scene. Being passive is usually not the right strategy. How is the landlord going to tell from your application form that you're such a wonderful person and the perfect tenant? Be someone and be noticed.

I'd been looking for an appartment for months and was giving up hope when i got that advice. Guess what. I got the very next appartment I looked at.
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for this advice. I always stay and try to speak either to the immobilien person's, either to the person living in the flat but still no luck.

All my entourage knows that i am searching for an appartment, all my daughter's parents, the teachers, the betreuung's carers as well, in my job they print me recommendation letters but i see that they have started to "pff.. it's her again.."

I will see how long i can stand this situation but i have started to think to go back to my country.. This might not have been the right choice to raise my daughter..
This user would like to thank Cascabel for this useful post: