Thread: Giving up..
View Single Post
Old 11.02.2015, 16:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Giving up..

Quote:
View Post
I would not mind to change the neighborhood but then they will change my daughter's school and i cannot make her pass through more stressful changes..

And yes, at the very begining i tried not to take it personal.. They are running a business and they make the rules of their business.. But still..

Thank you for your comments and support..
I know how you feel. I've been looking for a flat, any flat! and I'm always amazed that the flat is gone or there are already 20 people who have applied one day after the ad is up. In my case I know it's because I've been looking at lower price ranges. I've had to up my price to get an apartment and I KNOW I'm paying too much for it. Sigh.

My only suggestion for you is for you to stress the fact that you have a child in the school district you are looking in. I lost an apartment just for that reason. It was out in a village, but still, the management company told me they choose the family with the child at the near by school so that the child could stay in school.

If you are not stressing that point already, start doing so.

Quote:
View Post
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for this advice. I always stay and try to speak either to the immobilien person's, either to the person living in the flat but still no luck.

All my entourage knows that i am searching for an appartment, all my daughter's parents, the teachers, the betreuung's carers as well, in my job they print me recommendation letters but i see that they have started to "pff.. it's her again.."

I will see how long i can stand this situation but i have started to think to go back to my country.. This might not have been the right choice to raise my daughter..
Recommendation letters? Really? Is that needed? Are you maybe giving them too much paper work?

Anyway, if you do need letters of recommendation ask them not to be dated or use the same ones. You don't need a new one for every application.