Thread: Giving up..
View Single Post
Old 11.02.2015, 18:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Giving up..

Quote:
View Post
Thank you very, very much for your comment. I am truly sorry you were rejected because a family requested it.. It is also unfair and puts single individuals in a bad position.
Oh. You're sweet. It's best for the child. Like you are trying to do. So I'm ok with it.

It's tough out there! And I know at that price level in my area there is FIERCE competition. Just yesterday I was told that a flat on the 5th floor without an elevator was taken on the first day of showing. 5th floor.... no elevator?! The shocking thing was that even *I* was considering it. LOL

Lots of management companies have this weird thing about apartments being "appropriate". For the best chances, you should really only be looking for three pcs apartments that are no more than 30% of your income, but not too low either, not less than about 20%. One bed for you and one for you daughter. That for them is appropriate.

Now you need to start asking for help from the professionals. When you call/see them, tell them what you are looking for and what you constraints are (stressing the school thing). Eventually you are going to have to ask them what you could be doing wrong. Don't tell them you've been looking for 2 years, but say "a long time". Ask them for advice. People love to be asked for their advice, to be seen as experts in their field.

Good luck! And I know it doesn't help but "keep your chin up"! It will eventually work out.