Thread: Giving up..
View Single Post
Old 12.02.2015, 20:26

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cascabel has made some interesting contributions
Re: Giving up..

Good afternoon and sorry for my late replies..

Quote:
View Post
I have managed relocations in Luzern and this is not an easy place to find a flat, particularly if you want to live in central Luzern, as many do.

The minimum flat size you should be applying for is 3 rooms. Given the way rooms are counted, that means there are at least 2 bedrooms. Anything smaller and you are going to be rejected. In Luzern there are a lot of older buildings with apartments with strange layouts. These are sometimes on the top floor of buildings with no lift. There might be a loft area which can be used for a sleeping room and this could also be considered a bedroom if there is some privacy from the living area.

Is the ratio of rent to income you are comfortable paying far less than landlords usually work with? If so, then you need to examine this.

I cannot tell you how many times I have met clients in your shoes, desperately seeking housing, very frustrated, asking themselves why they came here and ready to head home. I understand how you feel. My advice to you is to hire a relocation firm to find you a flat. It is not that they are magicians, but it is about knowing how to present clients and their applications and get them approved. Landlords treat relocation professionals completely differently than individuals.

There are several firms covering the Luzern area. Perhaps your employer has used the services of such a firm? It cannot hurt to ask HR. Whatever you do, negotiate a fee payable only on a successful search.

I wish you all the very best of luck and while I am not in a position to help you, if you send me a PM with your email I will stay in touch. I have a lot of contacts in the Luzern region.
Thank you very much for your reply. It is definitely something to consider as even if i am defeated these days, i am not a quitter. I will think about it and maybe MP you to get to know which firms are working in Luzern.