Thread: Giving up..
View Single Post
Old 12.02.2015, 22:23
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 57 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,169 Posts
MsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Giving up..

Quote:
View Post
Hi MsWorWoo, thank you for participating..

And yes, they prefer couples but it is logical if you get to think that if there are two adults and one loses the job, the other one might be able to cover the rent and this is some kind of "insurance" for the immobiliens.

I have been trying to avoid inviting her friends at home. We live in a one room flat, at least the kitchen is hidden but does not have a door.. But well.. At some point i will have to invite them.. My daughter's 6th birthday is approaching and i also have to find how to celebrate it this year and i have no idea of what to do..
Oh, I understand, my daughter is 6 and a half. Luckily her birthday is in summer so I had a picnic in the communal area outside, only me and my daughter were allowed inside the flat, and I had a large tent (with the internal rooms left out) for a cover for the food etc. I tried to book the local hall, but my German wasn't good enough to get a Response. Year before I had a 'teddy bear picnic' in the same area, but it's harder to corral 5 year olds.
Could you go somewhere else? A cafe or a soft play centre type thing? One of my daughter KG friends (who lives in the same apartment group as me) arranged to go to tramoplino, another to a horse stables. Of course, these options are not cheap, but probably less stressful than lots of kindergartners in a confined space.
This user would like to thank MsWorWoo for this useful post: