View Single Post
Old 13.02.2015, 11:25
AVS1985 AVS1985 is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Basel
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
AVS1985 has no particular reputation at present
How to move from L permit to a B, and change canton at the same time... [EU citizen]

Hello EF

Long story short, I'm staying in Switzerland to be with my Swiss beau..

I was a filthy contractor and have an L permit with BS until May 2015. I took a permanent job with a new employer and recently moved to BL but I want to apply for the B permit now. My new employer is in Zurich.

What I have managed to work out so far is that I need to do the following;
1) De-register from BS (apparently it can be done online?) but the only website I can find is in German?
2) Register with the Gemiunde of Muttenz (where I now live)

My question is how do I apply for the 'upgrade' at the same time? Or will I have to do the 2 things separately? I have all my health insurance paper work and my employment contract. Will my new employer have to make the B permit application?

Thanks very much in advance for your advice and experiences..

Reply With Quote