View Single Post
Old 14.02.2015, 20:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 255 Times in 216 Posts
Thanked 13,579 Times in 7,602 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working while at the RAV

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is exactly the scenario I am looking at!

How did you deal with the social contributions(1st pillar,2nd pillar) and taxation aspect for when you had the 2.5 months work?

I would see 2 options

1. going via an agency, having to pay them a "comission" for managing the payroll etc, definitely less than when they have found you the work(assuming one finds the client on their own, as is my case)

2. self employed route(as I believe you mentioned).

Say at CHF 1000(made up figure) a day from the client, is one better off self employed or via an agency? Does one have to go through the hassle moving the 2nd pillar to the agency for the short(unknown) duration?

Thanks fatmanfilms, these are the type of questions that come to mind..

You can have a freelancers pension which can be separate from your original company one.

Once you have earned a bit contact the AHV people, I did 2 years after the event after declaring income on my tax return