View Single Post
Old 17.02.2015, 15:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 397 Times in 306 Posts
Thanked 16,824 Times in 9,490 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Translation of house purchase contract at Notary Question

Quote:
View Post
It sounds like negotiation of the actual/exact terms of the contract doesn't happen until after a price has been agreed upon and a reservation (Vorverkauf) signed (perhaps even with reservation fee paid).

Question - how do you feel comfortable signing a Vorverkauf and paying a reservation fee when you haven't negotiation the terms of the contract? Or is the reservation fee refundable (usually) if the buyer and seller cannot later agree to the contract?

I already ready from EF that one can negotiate the exact terms of the reservation payment, so again, the same question - do you make an offer first before this? or do you set out the terms on reservation payment with your offer?

It just seems strange to me that you would give an offer without knowing the terms of the reservation payment or the actual contract wording. I'm confused.
After 5 years I'd hope he/she got it sorted out by now.

Can't help a lot as we bought our place with only 2 weeks before the handover so didn't need to put down a reservation fee. But there are some threads here on the forum about the subject iirc.

Also ask for a notary who speaks English and can go through the contract with you at the signing. That's what we had and he was very careful to make sure we understood each section before we moved on to the next. We had a few minor changes which he had his staff alter before we did the final signing of the contract.

Last edited by Medea Fleecestealer; 18.02.2015 at 11:13.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: