View Single Post
Old 18.02.2015, 11:12
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,477 Times in 3,515 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Translation of house purchase contract at Notary Question

Quote:
View Post
It sounds like negotiation of the actual/exact terms of the contract doesn't happen until after a price has been agreed upon and a reservation (Vorverkauf) signed (perhaps even with reservation fee paid).

Question - how do you feel comfortable signing a Vorverkauf and paying a reservation fee when you haven't negotiation the terms of the contract? Or is the reservation fee refundable (usually) if the buyer and seller cannot later agree to the contract?

I already ready from EF that one can negotiate the exact terms of the reservation payment, so again, the same question - do you make an offer first before this? or do you set out the terms on reservation payment with your offer?

It just seems strange to me that you would give an offer without knowing the terms of the reservation payment or the actual contract wording. I'm confused.
I would negotiate all the terms before signing and paying anything.
Reservation deposit can be very difficult to recover, and the penalty fee can be quite hefty.