Thread: Broken oven
View Single Post
Old 24.02.2015, 19:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,803 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broken oven

Quote:
View Post
BM is right, I have already contacted the agency who were very quick to shirk responsibility.

I'm looking at my policy and it could be so many things but I don't see anything there that resembles ovens (sinks are apparently not covered).

The only thing I can see is in the personal liability insurance which says "Material damages" and the deductible is CHF 200. I guess it could be RC as the oven belongs to the owner, not to us.

GAH I can't bloody ring them as I'm at work and I honestly can't take the time to call (all the time on hold etc). My boyfriend is going to have to ring them. I just hope he can explain and get a clear answer.
If your home contents and liability insurances are taken out with the same company, contacting them and asking them which insurance covers the broken oven should be clarified quickly.

How about email since you can't reach them by phone now? That seems like the clearest way to deal with things. Also request their phone availability hours in the email in case your BF can't reach them by phone.

BTW what is RC?