View Single Post
Old 25.02.2015, 13:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,311 Posts
ecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone know an Anaesthetist who could help me?

One of my son's principal doctors (psychiatry- so no hands on medicine involved - it is all just talking!) is mother tongue Italian speaking Swiss. His other main doctor is mother tongue Swiss German. We often have to ask each other to repeat or explain, and the two doctors freely admit that out of the three of us (I am mother tongue English) my French is at the highest level ... I think we have all been treated by doctors whose language skills are less than perfect, but none the less adequate for the job required.

I personally think the OP will manage if he puts as much effort into his German studies as his medical studies. Try joining a comversation group as well as your language classes.

C1 is the general linguistic requirement for doing things like studying at university here - so if you could bump your German up to C1 you would be fine.
The following 4 users would like to thank ecb for this useful post: