View Single Post
Old 26.02.2015, 20:07
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 131 Times in 93 Posts
Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: International Women's Day: (not) worth celebrating?

Quote:
View Post
Get over it. Want me to make a list of AAAALLLL the things women are still disadvantaged in? Be warned - it's more than one or two.

The event is largely UN-influenced these days and the UN isn't exactly a Swiss institution. And this one day - in its fundamental purpose anyway - is not about paying half a percent more or less taxes for goodness' sakes, but about fundamental disadvantages that women are facing globally.

But statements like the above are EXACTLY why it is impossible in this country to discuss this topic properly, with most people anyway. Reminds me of the "preferred seat for women" thread a few months back, which couldn't have been more ridiculous.
Im trying to get a job at the moment as one of those people who walk around boxing rings with the card held up saying what round it is. I've applied hundreds of times. Ive got a good CV and im an average looking male but I'm not even getting an interview. It's so frustrating.
This user would like to thank Mikers for this useful post:
This user groans at Mikers for this post: