View Single Post
Old 27.02.2015, 13:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 151 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 6,228 Times in 3,195 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Voluntarily quitting my job

Quote:
View Post
The non compete is quite specific and it covers the main activity of my career. World-wide. Precisely for this reason I believe I could fight it if need be. Just that I don't think I'll get the opportunity.
In Switzerland such clauses may well be invalid, you need to be able to make good use of your experience, and obvioulsy recent years are the most important.

On a realted note, you may know "Konventionalstrafe" (KS): Say, for some reason you agree to stay with the company for, say, two years and pay some KS for every month you leave early. A few years back I saw a verdict say that any KS above 500.- a month, and for more than two years total (i.e. 12000CHF grand total) is abusive and automatically void. The case was about a lower management bank employee, so it wasn't as if that was 10% of his salary. Essentially, the verdict said KS must not hinder peoples job mobility.

By the same logic, the conditions in your contract may well be basically void. Don't poach your employers customers, and that's about all he can demand.
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: