View Single Post
Old 03.03.2015, 15:08
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eved has made some interesting contributions
Quote:
View Post
Please be sure to keep updating here well after the move. I would love to see how the adventure changes your outlook.
I intend to do one better than that and have start a blog on the experience, where i track my expectations and the realities. I like to write, and it will be a fun project.

Quote:
View Post
We'll pretend you can get permits for a >3mth stay - we'll say 12mths. You will need to demonstrate you can support your family without state assistance for that time.

You, children + boyfriend - we'll say 120k CHF - its a good starting point and should cover transportation to and from Switzerland - and ONLY cover costs in Switzerland. (IE not maintaining an existing life in South Africa).

Or around 1.5m SAR

Are you sure you have the required funds?
Hmmm. I assure you I have thought this through quite carefully. I don't think permits will be a problem, so we don't have to pretend. Also, I don't need to come in with all the funds, I simply need to show that I have an income stream to support those expenses. And I have budgeted much more than you suggested, so I don't think I will have problems re the permit.

That does not say that I won't have problems actually living in Switzerland, and paying Swiss prices. It will be quite a shock to the system, I am sure.

Also, although I do not know how this is relevant to this thread, my income is in US dollars, not South African rand.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 09.07.2015 at 23:23. Reason: merging consecutive posts and fixing quoting