View Single Post
Old 03.03.2015, 16:43
Eved Eved is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 23
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 18 Times in 3 Posts
Eved has made some interesting contributions
Re: Renting if self-employed

View Post
A permit for your boyfriend could very well be a problem. It's not guaranteed that you can bring a non-married dependent. I'd look into that further before you make too many plans as you might have to plan a wedding.

There is no prescribed amount that you need to show. However, the idea is that you can support yourself without requiring social assistance. That would mean under 4500F a month for a family of 4 would certainly be unacceptable.

For tourist visas and students the figure of 100F per day per person is thrown around a lot. So, let's say you need 100F per day per adult, you'd need around 80K per year for both of you, which is not a unreasonable amount for a local family of 4 to live on.

Usually tax returns and bank statements should suffice as proof.
I have researched all of this, and bringing my Br will not be a problem. He is also the father of an EU citizen, but that is just a bonus. He can def join me, and work. He can even bring his parents, if they depend on him.

What I do not know is,how easy it will be to rent an apartment
Reply With Quote