View Single Post
Old 03.03.2015, 19:32
Eved Eved is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 23
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 18 Times in 3 Posts
Eved has made some interesting contributions
Re: Renting if self-employed

Re the residency permits:

I am basic my information (partially) on the following research, mostly obtained from official sources.
EU/EFTA nationals
Persons who are not gainfully employed (e.g. retirees and students) may remain in Switzerland if the following conditions are met:

They have adequate financial resources to cover the cost of living in Switzerland so as to ensure that they will not become dependent on welfare benefits, and
They have a health insurance policy that also includes accident coverage.
Students must also show the letter confirming that they have been admitted to a recognised educational institution (confirmation of enrolment).
Stays of up to 90 days within a six-month period do not require authorisation. For longer stays, foreign nationals have to register with the cantonal migration office as a non-employed person. The corresponding EU/EFTA residence permit will remain valid for a period of five years

Citizens from EU-17 states and EU-8 states enjoy full freedom of movement. This means that citizens of those countries are free to travel to Switzerland, and to live and work here.
(I am an EU citizen)

Nationals from all EU/EFTA member states without gainful employment are entitled to a B permit if they can prove they have sufficient financial means and adequate health and accident insurance.

EU/EFTA citizens holding a Swiss residence permit may bring the following family members to Switzerland under the family reunification programme:

Spouse, registered partnership
Children and grandchildren under the age of 21 or older if you agree to pay their living expenses,
Parents and grandparents if their living expenses are covered.
If you are enrolled in an education and training programme, you may only bring your spouse, dependent children under the family reunification programme. Regardless of the nationality of the family member, he/she will receive an EU/EFTA residence permit (even if the person is a third-state national). This permit will have the same period of validity as your own residence permit. Family members may take up employment but must register with the cantonal immigration and labour market authorities.
Reply With Quote