View Single Post
Old 03.03.2015, 19:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Renting if self-employed

Quote:
View Post

Nevertheless, I am HOPING that Switzerland is in fact a well oiled machine
It's a relatively well oiled machine.

Quote:
View Post
Oh. That is not what I read elsewhere ... I read that we need to prove he is unencumbered, and that we have a solid relationship for at least a couple of years (easy to prove when you have a 4 year old together).

I guess I will research this further, but if he needs to be my spouse that can be arranged :-)
Ok. It's not like it's completely impossible to bring your partner who you are not married to. It's just not guaranteed. As I said, some cantons are easier than others. You'll read on the forum some success stories and some refusals.

Again, my advice is to choose the appropriate canton. I'd pick Geneva in your case. Though Geneva has other issues. The German cantons seem to giving people more problems even when they are EU/EU non married couples when only one is working.

I haven't even gotten into the renting question which was your original concern...