View Single Post
Old 30.11.2006, 14:02

Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
rachvdg is considered knowledgeablerachvdg is considered knowledgeablerachvdg is considered knowledgeable
Re: Birth experience in Swiss hospitals/clinics -advice/tips/stories?

Hi Lou,

Yes you are right that the Hospital de la Tour did have a water bath, but when we went to do the tour the hospital was (is) undergoing renovations and the maternity rooms have been moved downstairs to a more modern area, but they don't have the waterbirth facilities anymore...they didn't say if they would be reinstated, but for sure not by march -as they didnt say it was an option at all.
So unfortunately it seems that its not possible at the moment.

But yes, the midwives would be able to perform a home water birth, probably it would depend on what kind of a bathtub you had, or whether you set up some kind of little portable tub thing in the room or something...You'd probably have to talk to the midwife to see if she is comfortable doing that.

I have seen several home birth videos where they had set up a small inflatable kiddie pool in the room (lounge or bedroom) and used that for the water birth...seemed like it worked really well but I think i would be paranoid that it would burst or something and then how would we clean up all the water! heheh...