View Single Post
Old 09.03.2015, 13:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 151 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 6,503 Times in 2,782 Posts
StirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
Margaret Thatcher was made aware of child abuse allegations involving Cyril Smith before he was knighted in 1988, Cabinet Office documents have shown.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31789827
From your own article...

"Lord Shackleton wrote that police had investigated Smith in 1970 for "indecent assault against teenage boys" between 1961 and 1966, but the director of public prosecutions (DPP) had decided "there was no reasonable prospect of conviction"."

So are we denying people jobs/honours/etc now on the basis that they were investigated and released without charge? If I reported you as a child molester tomorrow, you would hope exactly the same thing would happen to you, investigation, not enough evidence, case dropped. I don't think the fact it happened should prejudice the rest of your life though and I don't think your boss should look at a dropped investigation and say "err, he shouldn't get a promotion because of this".
This user would like to thank StirB for this useful post: