View Single Post
Old 29.05.2008, 13:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music classes for kids in ZH or AG

I can understand you wanting to get your children 'into' music at an early age, but rather than 'tie them down' to a specific day at a specific time in a specific place (that comes soon enough!) I would suggest opening their eyes and ears, in fact their whole bodies, to rhythm and sounds yourself. Singing to/with the children and playing simple tunes on the guitar, recorder or keyboard are a great start. Our children loved banging on something or shaking tins with dried peas in (this dates me!) and had a good sense of rhythm long before their first 'music school' lessons. If you are completely tone-deaf and have no CD player or its modern equivalent maybe one of the Mothers you meet up with could be pursuaded to sing or play with the whole group while you are together.
P.S. It's quite fun singing with children as they think Mummy sings beautifully when they are small!
For your original question - sorry can't help.

Longbyt

Last edited by Longbyt; 29.05.2008 at 14:37. Reason: Not only can I not sing beautifully, I can't spell it right first time either
This user would like to thank Longbyt for this useful post: