View Single Post
Old 11.03.2015, 12:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 209 Posts
Thanked 23,769 Times in 10,098 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Credit Suisse, UK, France & Africa: a modern tale

Quote:
View Post
Lol, the only thing the French colonies have in common is how utterly crap they were run. I certainly don't think they made much of an effort in "drilling" French values into the local populace. Screwing French values out of them perhaps.
No,

The administartion, government, education system etc of many former colonies is identical to that of France down to tiny details. Even reforms that France made post independence seem to get mimicked somehow, with France still being the example they all strive to want to be a carbon copy of.

And don't get me started on how Senegal regularly beats France in (French) grammar and spelling tests, putting the mother country to shame.

I attended a French school for three years and we had two teachers from Africa (one of them was the headmaster) and they were more French than any French person I ever met, in both all the good ways and all the bad ways.

Last edited by amogles; 11.03.2015 at 12:53.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post: