View Single Post
Old 14.03.2015, 14:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 23,886 Times in 10,824 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dogs in childrens' playgrounds

Certainly the case in the UK, where all playgrounds with equipment are fenced and clear signs posted everywhere. You try and take a dog, even a small dog on the lead, and people will soon let you know you are not allowed there. Generally speaking, due to dogs being registered and taxes paid + SKN course, etc, I'd say there are fewer badly behaved owners here (generally I said...there are still too many sad exceptions). People who will park near play areas, let the dog out to run around and do their business in the play area whilst they are having a fag and on mobile phone- call dog back and off.

At all the schools I taught at in the UK, we had many local people who would come in the evening to walk their dogs on the football/rugby ptich- let their dog poo and pee everywhere, not pick up- and kids would be expected to do their sport's lesson there- so out of order.

As said, problem here is mainly with foxes at night- so parents still need to be vigilant and look around when they take kids to playground- especially toddlers.