View Single Post
Old 17.03.2015, 17:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 277 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 17,718 Times in 7,479 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My review of Fibre in Zurich (FTTH/Init7/EWZ)

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, Init7 suggest ASUS routers (which is why I originally wanted the RT-AC87U). But after reading that people were frustrated with the 5Ghz network and even returning the router, I decided to go for the Netgear R8000 instead.

Everything works great, stable and without troubles so far. But on the other hand, "only" with ipv4.

Guess I'm gonna ask in the Netgear forum for help and otherwise flash the DD-WRT firmware next week and see how it performs...
I seem to recall them suggesting RouterBoard based ones.

EDIT: https://www.fiber7.ch/fiber7-technol...ber7-hardware/

I'm no longer with Init7 (I moved and out of range ) but if I were to have it, I would probably go with one of the RouterBoards, or possibly try one of the Ubiquity routers and have a separate WiFi AP.

EDIT 3: also, test with linux router first to make sure that EWZ haven't messed anything up along the way and the ipv6 is working properly.